Planning a wedding is an exiting time, but can be very stressful. You could just do what Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony did -- have a backyard wedding. J. Lo invited people to a private party at her Beverly Hills home and ended up marrying Marc Anthony in her backyard. Your backyard wedding can be as lavish as a celebrity wedding or you can plan a very simple celebration.
Having a backyard wedding has many benefits. You have a lot more freedom and a lot of flexibility with details. These situations also tend to be more casual and relaxed. In addition, you won't have the time limitations you might with other venues.
A Backyard Wedding: Things to Consider Beforehand
- Space. Do you have a large enough backyard for the number of guests you want to invite?
- Neighbors. Let your neighbors know in advance about your plans so they do not complain about the noise.
- Parking. Are there enough parking spaces for all of your guests?
- Noises. Are there issues such as planes flying above your house or barking dogs nearby?
- Insects. Depending on the season, bugs could be a problem. Be sure to provide plenty of bug deterrents.
Things to Remember
About the Author
- Have a Plan B. Just in case the weather does not cooperate with your plans, have an alternative plan. You could rent a tent or move the party indoors.
- Use Natural D?cor. Take advantage of the beautiful d?cor that your backyard has to offer. Using floral gardens, ponds, trellises, or a setting sun will enhance the overall beauty of this ceremony and will look great in photographs, too.
- Remember Your Guests. You should keep your guests' comfort in mind. Let them know ahead of time so they can dress accordingly. You could also provide fans for hot days, or heat a tent for cool nights.
An accomplished educator and writer, Shea Richardson has several years of teaching experience in the Georgia public school system. She holds a degree in Education from Georgia State University and specializes in topics spanning technology, education, and group dynamics.
*Before you apply any of the advice described on the Hip-home.com website, you should consider if the advice is safe and suitable for your individual home situation and consult experts as necessary to evaluate the suitability for your circumstances.