Unless you have been hiding in a closet for the past few years, the mere mention of Harry Potter conjures up a variety of magical things and ways. What would you give to be able to wave a wand and have your home decorating ideas spring to life? If you are a non-magical "muggle" like me then you would give up just about anything for easy home decorating.
By Craig Friesen
December 31, 1969
Here are some home decorating ideas you can follow--with or without a magic wand.
Home Decorating Tips
Unless you are a home decorating genius, you need to come up with a plan that will help you put your home decorating ideas into action. Make some notes about what you want to accomplish and the resources you have available. Here are some thoughts to get started:
- A home decorating idea could set the pattern for your whole house or just one room.
- Decide which furniture, pictures and accessories need to be worked into the plan and which you will replace.
- Home decorating can be expensive without magic, so decide on a budget and make your choices accordingly.
Simple Home Decorating
It's amazing what a well-chosen coat of paint or two can do to change the atmosphere of a room. Here are some other simple home decorating tips you can use to transform your home decorating ideas into realities:
- One carefully chosen picture or painting in a room can have more appeal than something on every wall.
- Use seasonal centerpieces for your dining table or end tables.
- Instead of trying to carry a single theme (Diagon Alley, for example) throughout the entire house, you could choose a separate home decorating idea for each of the main living areas.
Home decorating isn't always magic, but with some thought and planning, you can bring your decorating ideas to life.
About the Author
Craig Friesen is a freelance writer and an ordained Mennonite minister in rural Saskatchewan, Canada. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies from University of Manitoba and a Master of Divinity degree from Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart, Indiana. A computer hobbyist, Craig operates several home-based online businesses in his leisure time.
*Before you apply any of the advice described on the Hip-home.com website, you should consider if the advice is safe and suitable for your individual home situation and consult experts as necessary to evaluate the suitability for your circumstances.