One of the most difficult rooms in your house to keep clean, let alone decorate, is the bathroom. If you are among the majority of people who find their creativity dampened when they get to the bathroom, here are some inexpensive and creative decorating ideas.
By Craig Friesen
December 31, 1969
A bathroom accessory can be artistic as well as functional and themes are a great way to plan bathroom decorating. Without changing expensive vanities and fixtures, you can vary how your bathroom looks by simply rotating bathroom accessory theme sets. Some theme ideas are included below but to keep your bathroom decorating budget low, consider adding just one theme to your collection each year.
Inexpensive Bathroom Accessories
Cost is relative, of course, but you can probably create a themed collection for your bathroom for under $100. A bathroom accessory can be almost anything but here is a list of the most common:
- Towel rings, bars, and toilet paper holders can be exchanged with other bathroom sets that are made of or look like glass, brass, chrome, pewter, wood, or ceramic.
- Toothbrush holders, soap dishes, and other loose countertop items can be on your themed bathroom accessory list.
- Shower curtains, towels, and wall hangings are also easy bathroom decorating ideas.
Sample Bathroom Decorating Theme Ideas
Shop a little and you should find a healthy variety of bathroom accessory sets to choose from. With a little creativity you can probably add your own themes to this brief list of bathroom decorating ideas:
- The seasons and holidays are usually easy bathroom themes to find.
- Children will love bathroom decorating with favorite movie character themes.
- Find bathroom accessory collections along nature theme combinations such as "sand and seashell."
- Cultural themes work too, especially if matched with furniture and decorations in other rooms.
Keep your bathroom accessory collections together with a storage
bin labeled "bathroom decorating" and you will be able to switch your sets with ease.
About the Author
Craig Friesen is a freelance writer and an ordained Mennonite minister in rural Saskatchewan, Canada. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Religious Studies from University of Manitoba and a Master of Divinity degree from Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary in Elkhart, Indiana. A computer hobbyist, Craig operates several home-based online businesses in his leisure time.
*Before you apply any of the advice described on the Hip-home.com website, you should consider if the advice is safe and suitable for your individual home situation and consult experts as necessary to evaluate the suitability for your circumstances.