| If you are confused by the array of possible TV systems, and are considering buying a satellite TV system, then you need to look at both the advantages and disadvantages before you make the decision to buy. |
Save big when you switch to DISH Network
today. Our special introductory offer won't last long, so act now - Click here.
If you are in the situation of being unable to get cable TV, and the signal you get from terrestrial TV is poor or non-existent, then this is an academic exercise for you, but you should be aware of some of the drawbacks nevertheless.
Satellite TV System Benefits
- Channels to Choose. Satellite TV gives you the widest range of channels - more than terrestrial TV, and almost all satellite TV packages give you a greater choice than almost all cable TV packages. This means that you get more for your money.
- Available Everywhere. You can receive satellite TV almost everywhere in the continental US, as long as you have line of sight to the southern sky. This is particularly good if you are in a rural area where you can't get cable TV and terrestrial TV reception is difficult or non-existent.
- Service Options are available, such as broadband internet and a phone line using the same dish - interactive TV, as well!
- A Perfect Signal. When you get your satellite dish lined up with the satellite, you will get good reception with no signal degradation and little downtime for repairs.
But you must be Aware...
- If you don't have line of sight to a satellite, then you can't consider a satellite TV system - this could be blocked by trees or buildings, particularly in the city.
- You need to have a satellite dish on the exterior of your property, on the roof or on the walls.
Satellite TV gives you great flexibility, but you have to weigh up the pros and cons when you make your buying decision.